DIRECTOR OF E-COMMERCE
- Develop the company’s Digital strategy and customer-facing experience (i.e. acquisition and retention);
- Oversee daily web operations including business planning, forecasting, merchandising, site operations, development, and analytics/reporting.
- Optimize and drive e-commerce strategy in alignment with long-range plan and strategic priorities to drive revenue and increase market share
- Track and analyze key drivers behind sales including traffic, average order value and conversion, and identify actionable insights (conversion, campaigns, A/B tests, site navigation, website behavior, etc.)
- Develop and execute a strong digital marketing plan aimed at acquisition and retention across paid and organic channels including budget allocation, agency selection and technology partners.
- Provide detailed analyses and guidance to marketing and creative team on content generation to deliver a premium brand experience.
- Effectively manage day-to-day digital partner and vendor relationships.
- Build cross-functional relationships and ensure alignment across ecommerce initiatives.
- Aid and support paid digital marketing teams by developing and scaling channels quickly and efficiently to drive acquisition and retention. Be capable of executing a full-price digital marketing strategy that also prioritizes growth.
- Guide digital product initiatives by setting a clear roadmap and executing in a customer centric way.
- Effectively plan and organize e-Commerce and digital product buys in collaboration with other team leaders/executives.
- Produce detailed analysis, insights, and visibility on the company’s performance in its e-commerce channels as well as digital initiatives.
- Build various overarching models that ensure the company is running its business as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Ability to analyze data and create relevant business cases to optimize business processes and improve efficiencies. Establish daily/monthly sales objectives and annual budget.
- Work with leadership to develop an online content and promotions calendar aligned with sales goals and financial and marketing objectives.
- Create and maintain current and historical reporting for key KPI’s while monitoring traffic and user behavior.
- Leverage analytics to optimize performance with a creative and analytical approach to online site merchandising and coordination with digital marketing efforts.
- Plan and oversee new product launches including product photography, merchandising, inventory, descriptions, SEO tags and SEM.
- Ability to identify business problems/business processes that can be solved/optimized.
- Partner across the broader organization to drive cross functional initiatives that improve DTC experience (e.g. holiday, partnerships, collaborations).
- Play an active role as a leader and collaborator within the leadership team.
REQUIREMENTS / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or similar focus.
- Extensive knowledge of Shopify Plus platform is highly preferred.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in a director-level e-commerce position, preferably for a luxury fashion brand, with a significant focus on customer acquisition.
- Ability to manage a P&L.
- Have the drive to grow a quickly developing direct-to-consumer business.
- Highly analytical, structured thinker who can glean clear, salient ideas from complex information and very clearly communicate them to management and other teams.
- Detail-oriented and organized and excited by the prospect of helping develop and expand the organizational structure.
- Strong organizational skills and knowledge.
- Anticipate and resolve creative challenges by using appropriate resources and/or solution.
- Perform independently and within a team environment. Be a self-motivated starter with a strong work ethic, integrity, and professionalism.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build quality relationships at all levels of management.
- No task too small mentality, willing to roll up sleeves and get things done.
- Be detail oriented with excellent written, verbal, problem solving and planning skills; and
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as solution-focused and agile with different tasks within a fast-paced environment.