DISTRICT SALES MANAGER – MIDWEST / EAST COAST
We have partnered with the fastest growing women’s retailer in the nation. We are searching for District Managers. The District Manager position plays a crucial role in the growth, development, and image of our client’s business. The ideal candidate will possess leadership qualities as well as proven ability to continuously coach, teach, and improve selling techniques. Motivating and mentoring are crucial components necessary in order to be successful in this position. You should have experience leading multiple stores and/or high- volume retail management.
• Responsible for all aspects of 4-6* women’s clothing stores
• Improve, augment, and reinforce the current selling culture
• Recruit, interview, hire, and retain top notch employees
• Troubleshoot, put out fires, and handle multitudes of personnel issues & needs
• Explain, demonstrate, imitate, correct, and repeat behaviors, practices, and techniques to employees and managers
• Coach, teach, and improve selling techniques throughout all stores
• Be a supreme motivator
• Manage, promote, and exemplify the company’s culture and business standards
• 2+ years of operations experience in a retail (preferably fashion) environment across multi-location operator
• Strong personnel management and retail operations knowledge, including inventory
control, loss prevention, retail systems, merchandising, customer service and store budget
• Possess knowledge of effective merchandise presentation standards
• Ability to improve processes and reporting tools and standardize work
• Prefer working in a highly entrepreneurial environment where being hands on is critical to the day to day running of the business
• Decisive and ability to “get the job done”
• Be innovative and forward-thinking; not satisfied with the status quo
• Possess strong communication skills, product knowledge, and a balance of analytical and creative abilities
• Have demonstrated the ability to work in a collaborative environment and be skillful
at establishing and sustaining strong interpersonal relationships
• Demonstrate strong organizational, presentation and communication skills
• Can supervise and direct employee
• Fanatical work ethic
• Boundless energy and enthusiasm
• Strong analytical and computer skills
STORE MANAGERS – MIDWEST / EAST COAST
Seeking Store Managers who are fanatical salespeople, goal driven & servant leaders. They ensure that those customers are styled by experts who eat, sleep, and breathe fashion. This company lives to make their customers look & feel good! They relentlessly hire & train to ensure their store has top notch talent!
Through leading by example and thinking & acting like an owner, they are seeking Store Managers who
stop at nothing from achieving their personal & store goals.
• Recruiting, interviewing, & hiring new employees & managers
• Training, developing, & retaining top-notch employees & managers
• Developing & maintaining a high store morale
• Reinforcing & improving our selling culture through our 5 steps of selling
• Delivering in the moment & written feedback
• Acting as a supreme motivator for employees & managers
• Ensuring store operations and visual presentation are up to their standards
• Upholding and enforcing all company policies
• Achieving & surpassing individual sales goals
• Achieving & surpassing the store’s daily, weekly, & monthly sales goals
• Leading by example to promote and exemplify company culture, & code of conduct.
• Passion for fashion
• Fanatical work ethic
• Strong Leadership skills
• Excellent communication & organizational skills
• High motivation and an appropriate sense of urgency
• Minimum of 1 year experience in retail management
• Ability to supervise, motivate, & direct employees effectively
• Ability to adapt well to new directions and embrace change
• In-depth knowledge of visual merchandising & customer service
• In-depth knowledge of store operations including: inventory control, loss prevention, retail systems, & store budget preparation
• Ability to work in a highly entrepreneurial environment, where being hands-on is critical to our store’s success
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment and establish & sustain strong relationships with employees & managers
Must be detail oriented:
• Must be able to understand new software at a rapid pace
• Must have good analytical skills w/ organized thought process to succeed
• You not only hit targets but are always exceeding sales targets
• Must be able to memorize & retain information with ease
Computer Skills needed:
•Microsoft Excel, Apparel Software (a plus), Must have the ability to look up information rapidly
DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL MARKETING – MONTREAL, CANADA
Our client is looking for a Marketing Director who is business minded, highly analytical and passionate about brand growth. The Marketing Director will leverage their analytical expertise to outline strategies designed to support customer acquisition and digital marketing goals. The ideal candidate is results-driven, has experience working in a fast-paced, performance driven marketing team, and has a proven track record in brand growth. This role requires hands-on expertise in building and executing a marketing strategy.
• Responsible for leading marketing strategy/campaigns across all channels – from conception, development, execution and analysis – with primary focus on high volume brand growth
• Oversee and lead the growth performance of all marketing channels including but not limited to social media channels, email/SMS, Influencer programs, new customer acquisition programs, etc.
• Conceptualize and develop strategic and cost-effective campaigns for customer
acquisition and reactivation
• Grow brand awareness, both organically and through Paid Media
• Hands on management of Google and social media paid media and advertisements
• Leverage metrics extensively and create actionable insights and recommendations that support business needs and optimize all campaign activities
• Partner with leadership to plan and forecast
• Meet aggressive annual sales growth targets
• 10+ years of eCommerce marketing experience
• 3+ years of senior level management experience
• Experience within Apparel & Fashion industry or similar industry preferred
• Expert knowledge of social media and brand marketing
• Proven track record backed by previous performance metrics
• Expert knowledge of web analytics platforms and pixel tracking tools
• Highly analytical, results and numbers driven individual
• Start-Up Mentality: Must excel in operating within a fluid and fast paced environment, while managing multiple priorities with little oversight
• A strong and positive leader with excellent interpersonal skills who can guide and grow teams
• Exceptional work ethic and self-motivator
E-COMMERCE MARKETING COORDINATOR – REMOTE / WEST COAST
We have partnered with an international beauty brand that is looking for a dedicated eCommerce Marketing Coordinator to join the team! This is a multi- faceted, dynamic and evolving position that provides an opportunity for growth within a successful beauty brand to the right candidate.
This position is an integral part of the business and will have responsibilities that spans several departments. The ideal candidate will thrive in a small-team environment and prefer to manage several different responsibilities. This position works with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure on-time delivery by following specific project management and execution.
• Work with eCommerce Marketing Manager and the Creative team to create all necessary assets for each campaign (emails, website updates, social posts/ads, print ads, banner ads)
• Manage eCommerce sites executing site updates and promotions improving UX and conversion. Shopify Plus experience preferred.
• Provide reporting and analysis on eCommerce site and campaign KPIs
• Manage and report on Amazon listings, develop marketing tactics to drive Amazon business
• Maintain the day-to-day relationships with all channel marketing partners
• Attend meetings/calls where appropriate and create meeting notes
• Own the project management process within the PM tool, Monday.com. This position will be responsible for receiving all incoming project requests, discerning priority and dates and inputting them into tool assigning to the correct team members
• Lead weekly Marketing Projects call reviewing tasks, deadline, uncovering roadblocks and documenting follow-ups and takeaways.
• Traffic ads and other marketing assets (print/digital) to various outlets/publications
• Social media customer service: respond to all posts, responses, questions and messages across social media channels
• Attend meetings/calls where appropriate and create meeting notes
• Minimum of 5 years of Digital Marketing experience
• Experience with project management tool, such as Monday.com preferred
• Knowledge of digital marketing strategies and tactics
• Problem-solving and analytical skills
• Must be able to multitask and handle multiple projects at the same time in a
fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Marketing/Business Administration 5+ years
• Bachelor’s (Preferred)
DESIGN ASSISTANT – NYC, NEW YORK
Our client is seeking out a Design Assistant that supports in creating world class children’s apparel, is acknowledged as leading in innovation, design, function, fit and quality. You are guided and mentored by the Designer, Senior Designer and Design Director. You play a key supporting role, and this work is key to the success of the line each season.
• Act as Design support – be the Designer’s right-hand person to support with day-to-day tasks
• Presentation preparation – support the Designer/Senior Designer in preparation for major gates e.g., file set up & mockups / prototypes etc.
• Build flat drawings and line overviews as directed by the Designer/Senior Designer
• Be present for all fitting and design/product meetings to capture feedback and actions
• BA, BFA or BS in Design required (or equivalent)
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator
• Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Excel, Word, Mac platform
• Good understanding of drape and garment construction
• Have an eye for building presentation decks and trend research
DIGITAL DESIGN DIRECTOR – REMOTE
Our client is a well-established, international cosmetic company that has cultivated a reputation for developing and distributing high quality cosmetics. Their award- winning products have been featured extensively in the media and enjoy a strong following internationally. Their team is made up of a tight group of multi-talented overachievers.
They are looking for a creative Digital Designer with print experience to join their team. This designer will report directly to the Creative Director. To be successful in this role, the candidate must have a keen eye for detail, be able to create imaginative designs, be open to learning more and create impressive designs that promote the company’s vision.
Digital Designer Key Responsibilities:
• Understanding project requirements and ideas
• Use graphic techniques to create drafts and show ideas
• Collaborate with the team to launch projects and campaigns
• Production work – Prepares final print and web ready files
• Create compelling social media graphics through animations and stop motion – organic and paid
• 5+ years of working experience as a Digital/Graphic Designer
• Extensive digital design experience (social media, website, digital ads)
• Graphic Design qualification or similar.
• Must be proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, & Photoshop
• Ability to work well within a team
• Analytical skills: Critical thinking, Problem-Solving, Research and Communication
• Attention to detail
• Time-management skills
• Proficient command of English grammar and spelling, Spanish is a plus
• Strong organizational skills
• Understand branding as it relates to different graphics and media
• Beauty experience preferred
SR. DIRECTOR OF QUALITY ASSURANCE / QUALITY CONTROL – JAKARTA, INDONESIA (ON-SITE)
Brick Executive Search has partnered with a Los Angeles Based Company Specializing in women plus
size intimate apparel. The company, established in 1991, has a presence across all major channels.
They build long-term relationships with their partners by producing quality, fashionable products
at great value. They are searching for a Sr. Director of Quality Assurance / Quality Control Sourcing, specifically for the plus size bra category.
This candidate is an essential part of the client’s team and is responsible for developing and implementing a holistic quality strategy that balances direct vendors, agent partners, and country
of origin diversity with value costing, to deliver products that support design product strategies.
• Develop, maintain, and communicate cross functionally the strategic quality plans that are linked to annual budgets and monthly forecasts
• Strong negotiation skills with vendors to exceed IMU targets and gross profit goals
• Ensures business relationships with our client and its domestic and overseas vendors and suppliers are maintained at the highest level of trust and integrity, meeting the legal, ethical, and professional standards and expectations set forth by our client.
• Is fully informed and aware of factors (political, economic, strategic) likely to impact business operations and builds a Quality strategy that offers efficiency and adaptability
• Ensures quick resolution of product related issues with appropriate Design and Product Development team member
• Recommend alternatives for vendors that can achieve cost targets and meet quality requirements
• Establishes seasonal based cloths and end dates to commit with suppliers for securing yarns/yardage and vendor capacity and to leverage base cloths and volume across labels
• Understands and implements standards that deliver on the design vision, considering target adoption rates, and maintaining an emphasis on product, fit, comfort, performance, and quality
• Ensures frequent and professional collaboration and communication with Product Development, Design and Merchant teams, keeping teams up to date on business and performance developments
• Develops, trains and mentors’ direct reports and key personnel
• Provides ongoing coaching to direct reports to continually strengthens the organization
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Minimum 10+ years of related experience
• Outstanding Analytical and Financial skills
• Experience in negotiating with Chinese, and SE Asian
• Experience with product development cycles
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Excel, Word), and PLM
• Strong interpersonal skills to work with all levels of management and a diverse team
• Excellent verbal communication and written skills
DIRECTOR, DIGITAL CRM – REMOTE
Our client is seeking out a Director, Digital CRM, who is responsible for the development, implementation, and ongoing optimization and growth of digital efforts, including email, SMS, and app notification programs and communications, with the objective of improving customer engagement, sales, and customer lifetime value. This role leads the strategy, planning, execution, and hindsight for digital CRM channels, ensuring the plan achieves business objectives & targets. This position will provide subject matter expertise and leadership to ensure programs are continuously delivering increased sales, customer engagement, and customer lifetime value. This position is the key leader in fueling the ultimate success of the digital CRM programs. The right candidate will be customer-obsessed, innovative, driven, and results-oriented, with a proven ability to manage high-performing teams and internal & external partners. This position reports to VP, Loyalty, and CRM.
• Lead the client’s digital CRM programs from customer capture through ongoing engagement and retention, including analyzing key metrics & financials, understanding customer behaviors & sentiment, developing integrated strategies supported by detailed plans & programs, and leading and developing internal & external resources and capabilities
• Drive deepened relationships with customers and continuously optimize channels via creation of relevant, engaging, differentiated digital CRM programs & communications across email, SMS, and app notifications that incessantly increase sales, improve file size & health, and increase customer engagement & lifetime value
• Develop and manage a strategic roadmap to improve channel performance based on insights & innovation derived from customer data & behavior, ongoing test & learn efforts, industry best practices & evolution, and the competitive landscape to improve the customer experience, generate new sales drivers, and drive innovation
• Lead the strategic planning and optimization of digital CRM channels to achieve business objectives & targets, both in terms of short-term traffic and demand contribution as well as longer-term growth drivers such as file growth, file health/engagement and CLV
• Oversee the projections, analysis, and reporting of digital CRM programs to deliver financial targets and profitable growth, ensuring forecasts are integrated with Finance and Digital
• Ensure execution excellence by developing internal & external teams, evolving the supporting infrastructure, creating thorough, scalable processes & automation, and measuring results & insights/VOC
• Develop, monitor, and report out on performance metrics, including day-to- day hindsight analysis, diagnosis of performance drivers, and key findings & insights summaries to leadership
• Lead monthly business reviews with internal and external stakeholders to ensure operational excellence, program effectiveness, and business growth
• Create and optimize the annual digital CRM budget, including consistent, accurate, on-time, and on-budget programs
• Manage external vendors to high expectations, including technical advancements, strategic recommendations, flawless execution, and day-to- day account management & support to achieve our strategic priorities and business goals
• Stay up to date on industry trends, technology advancements, patterning & best practices, and provides recommendations for application into programs
• Manage, build, and grow a high-performing team to be customer-focused, innovative, fast-moving, and results-oriented with the goal of creating best-in- class, integrated digital CRM strategies, experiences, programs, and communications that deliver on daily business needs and strategic, visionary work
• Partner with CRM team to develop and implement digital CRM programs & communications, including contact & offer strategies, personalization efforts, lifecycle marketing, behavior-based triggers, and segmentation enhancements
• Lead collaboration and ensure alignment across Marketing and cross- functional partners
• 10+ years of experience managing customer-centric, data-driven marketing programs, with 8+ years
• Solid understanding and experience in marketing and business planning
• 5+ years of experience leading & managing a team in a fast-paced retail environment
• Experience developing and managing email, SMS, and app notification programs
• Experience working with an external ESP partner
• Retail experience strongly preferred
• Undergraduate degree in Marketing; Master’s degree a plus
• Proven strategic thinker with a broad view of the business, industry, and consumer environment to optimize for today and anticipate the future
• Project management skills from concept to timely delivery across a large variety of projects ranging from large-scale evolution efforts to day-to- day program management
• Exceptional communication & presentation skills with executive presence and ability to clearly articulate the vision & strategy and rationale behind, engaging leadership and instilling confidence with business partners
• Strong ability to collaborate within and across disciplines to achieve goals effectively
• Proven strategic and critical thinking skills with strong business acumen that can inspire, generate, and execute innovative ideas to maximize business performance
• Seasoned management skills reflecting proven organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Action-oriented with proven ability to think and act strategically and tactically to make informed decisions and execute
• Demonstrated leadership of a large multi-disciplinary team with a track record of continued innovation, strong business results, and operational excellence
• Proven proficiency in managing customer-driven experiences, strategies, and programs from concept through implementation and optimizing thereafter
• Demonstrated customer-first approach with ability to leverage customer data, behaviors, and insights to make decisions and guide strategy
• Innovative thinker with ability to synthesize data and blend with intuition and experience
• Ability to thrive in a highly quantitative, fast-paced environment with changing business needs
• High degree of initiative, personal responsibility, and ownership
• Superior process management skills with proven ability to identify and proactively solve problems
• Understanding of key metrics, financial analysis, ROI, etc.
• Strategic Thinking – Creates and effectively communicates long term vision. Keeps team’s work aligned to strategy. Creates and adjusts plans. Understands big picture to constructively challenge the status quo. Generates new ideas. Encourages innovation. Manages change effectively. Knows internal strengths and weaknesses.
• Leading & Motivating – Models and supports DSW values. Assesses, identifies, retains, and develops talent. Builds complementary teams. Motivates, supports, and challenges associates. Resolves conflict. Makes tough decisions. Provides timely feedback. Works with and through others to exceed expectations of customers (internal/external)
• Managing for Results – Produces sustainable results consistently. Holds team accountable. Recognizes and resolves complex problems. Understands underlying issues and addresses root causes. Measures, analyzes quantitative information, and presents it effectively. Seeks input from others. Makes timely decisions.
FOOTWEAR BUYER – CHICAGO, IL
Our client is seeking out a Footwear Buyer that will be responsible for growing the sales volume and profit for all categories of footwear. They are looking for someone with a strong background in specialty merchandising, retail analytics and operational execution in both a brick and mortar and an e-commerce environment. The ideal candidate has a successful track record in building winning merchandising strategies through vendor partnerships and exclusive product development. He/she must be able to consistently apply a standard of quality and taste, as well as a sense of urgency in building a market-leading assortment.
● Build and execute detailed annual plans (sales, margin, turn and inventory
composition) that support the company’s business strategy
● Seasonal planning of open-to-buy budget in accordance with company sales plan. Reconcile
receipts to OTB plan
● Develop, plan, and execute strategy for assortment and allocation
● Coach and mentor Assistant Buyers to maximize sales, margins and turns
● Leverage merchandising team’s skills at recognizing new fashion trends, items, looks, etc., early in their life cycles; maximize these opportunities
● Understand and develop buying strategy for branded and private label
● Identify opportunities to increase sales, improve margins, optimize inventories, and decrease
● Compile and present financial analysis including category sell-through, margins and key product performance; recap and analyze business results versus plan
● Develop intimate understanding of the customer. Leverage customer knowledge for product development, category, assortment, and allocation optimization
● Ensure financial goals and timelines are met
● Communicate necessary actions to maximize profit/reduce risk
● Minimum 2-4 years of buying experience and product development
● Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Fashion Merchandising, or something similar
● Proven track record of merchandising multi-category, large SKU product lines
● Proven ability to synthesize sales data, customer insights, competitive and market trends, and
market data into merchandising strategies
● Existing relationships with current or potential market brands and/or private label resources.
● Ability to recognize and understand the magnitude of an opportunity and respond quickly
● Strong technical aptitude, including advanced competency in Microsoft Excel, and the ability to quickly master new applications and systems.
● Demonstrated ability to grow revenue and improve profitability
The Ideal Candidate Has/Is:
● Exceptional work ethic and motivation to meet strict deadlines
● Excellent written and verbal communicator
● Outstanding organizational skills, with keen attention to detail and diligent task
● Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast – paced, dynamic environment
● Highly collaborative, responsive team player
● Ability to prioritize efficiently in response to changing needs and situations
DRESS BUYER – CHICAGO, IL
Our client is seeking out a Dress Buyer that will be responsible for growing the sales volume and profit for a specific category. They are looking for someone with a strong background in specialty merchandising, retail analytics and operational execution in both a brick and mortar and an e-commerce environment. The ideal candidate has a successful track record in building winning merchandising strategies through vendor partnerships and exclusive product development. He/she must be able to consistently apply a standard of quality and taste, as well as a sense of urgency in building a market-leading assortment.
• Build and execute detailed annual plans (sales, margin, turn and inventory composition) that support the company’s business strategy
• Seasonal planning of open-to-buy budget in accordance with company sales plan.
• Reconcile receipts to OTB plan
• Develop, plan, and execute strategy for assortment and allocation
• Coach and mentor Assistant Buyers to maximize sales, margins and turns
• Leverage merchandising team’s skills at recognizing new fashion trends, items, looks, etc., early in their life cycles; maximize these opportunities
• Identify opportunities to increase sales, improve margins, optimize inventories, and decrease markdowns
• Compile and present financial analysis including category sell-through, margins and key product performance; recap and analyze business results versus plan
• Develop intimate understanding of the customer. Leverage customer knowledge for product development, category, assortment, and allocation optimization
• Ensure financial goals and timelines are met
• Communicate necessary actions to maximize profit/reduce risk
• You must be excited about fashion. You must be excited about new trends and constantly learning about construction, material, and other concepts regarding design.
• You can (and enjoy) regular travel and meeting with vendors, producers, and others in the fast fashion industry. You can represent the brand in a positive manner.
• You are confident and extroverted and extremely comfortable with communication, whether in person, over the phone, Skype, or email.
• 7+ years of buying experience and product development
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Fashion Merchandising or something similar
• Proven track record of merchandising multi-category, large SKU product lines
• Proven ability to synthesize sales data, customer insights, competitive and market trends, and market data into merchandising strategies
• Existing relationships with current or potential market brands and/or private label resources.
• Ability to recognize and understand the magnitude of an opportunity and respond quickly
• Strong technical aptitude, including advanced competency in Microsoft Excel, and the ability to quickly master new applications and systems.
• Demonstrated ability to grow revenue and improve profitability.
The Ideal Candidate Has/Is:
• Exceptional work ethic and motivation to meet strict deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communicator
• Outstanding organizational skills, with keen attention to detail and diligent task follow-through
• Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast – paced, dynamic environment
• Highly collaborative, responsive team player
• Ability to prioritize efficiently in response to changing needs and situations
ACESSORIES BUYER – CHICAGO, IL
• Coordinate with Buyers, Planners, Accounting, Quality control, Receiving departments, and vendors to ensure production requirements are followed
• Communicate with vendors any revisions or changes to garments expressed by the Buyers
• Assists with the preparation process for the negotiation of product pricing with vendors and management
• Communicate any changes to existing orders to the Purchase Order department
• Work to consistently obtain Pre-Production and Top of Production samples on time
• Responsible for trying on production samples throughout the day as needed.
• Maintain a library of best-selling styles
• Manage the data and files for production matters
• Organize selling, pull reports for Buyers and ensure that all Purchase Order
deliveries are made to the appropriate department
• Begin to effectively utilize the merchandising systems and understand warehouse process
• Develop and demonstrate basic product knowledge through sharing information with Buyer because of competitive shopping
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
• 3+ years of fashion buying experience
• Must be highly analytical and data driven.
• Must be able to take a spreadsheet of data on Excel and analyze it in a meaningful and impactful way
• Must arrive with a working knowledge of key merchandising concepts such as open-to-buy, sell-thru, inventory turn, etc.
• Must be highly motivated leader, driven to succeed.
• We want you to proactively find areas of improvement and take leadership
• You must be excited about fashion, in particular ACCESSORIES. In addition excited about new trends and constantly learning about construction, material, and other concepts regarding design.
• You can (and enjoy) regular travel and meeting with vendors, producers, and others in the fast fashion industry
• You are confident, extroverted and extremely comfortable with communication, whether in person, over the phone, Skype, or email.
• You have excellent follow-through
• You are a fashion leader. You follow all the style blogs and scour through Instagram for the latest and greatest looks. You love and appreciate a wide range of different styles.
• You thrive in a fast-paced work environment and embrace solving complex challenges