VP of Contemporary Footwear Sales
Los Angeles, CA
- Develop and implement sales strategies to achieve divisional goals and increase revenue.
- Analyze sales data to identify opportunities for growth and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Strategically cultivate new accounts and seek opportunities to expand business with existing accounts; penetrate new markets; oversee the development and maintain business relationships with customers
- Manage key customer relationships with department stores to maintain and grow existing business, while seeking new opportunities for expansion.
- Have key existing relationships with customers such as Nordstrom.
- Collaborate with other departments, including marketing and product development, to ensure cohesive and effective sales strategies.
- Manage buys, budgets and forecasting, managing inventory and P&L.
- Oversee development of line plan for each brand, in context of larger assortment and cost structure; review and approve seasonal business proposals for each customer, with suggested assortments based on marketplace and customer base
- Regularly review and evaluate business model(s); guide research and competitive analysis
- Devise and articulate brand positioning and key strategic initiatives for brand, where appropriate; strategize optimal placement in store, including, where applicable, in-store shops
- Oversee communications and feedback between customers and internal partners in Sales, Design, Production and Retail Coordinators
- Partner with planning and customers to plan and oversee co-op, allowances and givebacks
Requirements / EXPECTATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Fashion Merchandising, or a related field.
- At least 7-10 years of sales experience in footwear or outerwear.
- Must have relevant wholesale expertise
- Proven track record of success in sales, merchandising, and design.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, fluent in retail math
- Ability to grow a large-scale business.
- Passion for fashion and a deep understanding of market trends.
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented and outgoing
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented and meticulous