VP OF IT – BRANDING COMPANY FOR WOMEN’S APPAREL BRANDS
We are looking for an experienced multi-unit VP of IT to manage the day-to-day operations and infrastructure of a growing IT team, as well as devise strategies for long-term innovation.
This person will be a hands-on leader that has a proven track record of strategic thinking and execution within IT; organizing priorities for their team, fostering collaboration, and creating a supportive environment for the team. The ideal candidate is someone who excels and inspires as a leader while prioritizing goals and deadlines.
As the VP of IT you will be responsible for leading a growing IT team and managing a complex assortment of vendor relationships to ensure long term success, security, innovation, and optimization.
- Oversee the technological infrastructure in the organization to ensure optimal performance
- Planning and implementation of various major technological initiatives, including ERP, automation, and omnichannel
- Develop a team of IT specialists; foster each individual’s growth within the organization;
- Ensure that all systems are performing accurately, and minimize outages and offline time companywide
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage and increase sales
- Analyze the costs, value and risks of new systems and technology, and provide sound, cost-effective recommendations to the owners and management
- Provide metrics, deadlines, and objectives to enhance the performance of all IT personnel;
- Work in a consultative fashion with other departments, such as inventory, finance, and web sales as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness;
- Create, implement, and enforce processes to achieve overall efficiency
REQUIREMENTS / EXPECTATIONS:
- Will be required to travel between stores and warehouses.
- Minimum 7 years experience in the Information Technology arena, with minimum 3 years of management and strategic experience in the field
- Experience overseeing large, complex, multi-unit IT programs (wholesale preferred);
- 5+ years of experience with database platforms, server virtualization, security platforms, storage/backup platforms, and coding languages
- Exceptional work ethic and motivation to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Outstanding organizational skills, with keen attention to detail and diligent task follow-through
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast – paced, dynamic environment
- Highly collaborative, responsive team player